CONDITIONS OF USE
- These Terms of Service form a License Agreement (hereunder “this Agreement”) between uMax Data Technology Limited (hereunder “uMax Data”) and the User. By using LawMiner®, an Artificial Intelligence bilingual legal online platform operated by uMax Data through its website at https://www.lawminer.ai (hereunder “this Site”), the User agrees to be bound by this Agreement. This Site and its contents, including but not limited to all graphics, reports, layout, the underlying software and algorithms, are all property of uMax Data or its licensors. By this Agreement, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, and revocable licence is granted by uMax Data to the User to use this Site for research purpose, and in a manner not commercially prejudicial to uMax Data. Additionally, the User must not use this Site for any unlawful purposes.
- For User who subscribes to the paid services of LawMiner®, he/she is obliged to pay the service fee pursuant to the then price list posted on this Site and his/her chosen subscription period. Such price list may be varied from time to time.When a user account is created, the User agrees to provide true and accurate details of his/her personal information, including his/her name and the name of the organization to which he/she belongs. uMax Data has the right to cancel or refuse registration if it suspects that he/she has submitted untrue, misleading, or deceptive information. Each account is created for a single user only and the User is liable to all activities under his/her account. The User shall not share his/her account or login password with others. If the User suspects that there has been unauthorized use of his/her account, he/she should inform uMax Data as soon as possible.
- uMax Data may terminate the User’s use of this Site if it is suspected that any term of this Agreement is violated by him/her. uMax Data reserves the right to claim for any damages caused by him/her.The Free Trial of the Premium Version and the Free Standard Version of LawMiner® may be terminated by uMax Data at any time. Such services may be provided by uMax Data from time to time at its sole discretion. There is no guarantee that such services will be made available to all members of the public.
- uMax Data’s services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. uMax Data makes no warranties of any kind with respect to this Site or its services. For instance, uMax Data does not warrant that its services will meet the User’s requirements or expectations. uMax Data does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, or completeness of its services. uMax Data does not warrant the User’s use of this Site will be secure, uninterrupted, or that its contents are error-free, or any errors therein will be corrected. uMax Data does not warrant that the charts created in the Insights Section by the User or by uMax Data are free of errors or omissions. The User’s use of this Site is at his/her own risk.
- The User understands and agrees that in no event will uMax Data or its affiliated parties, including but not limited to its officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, contractors, or licensors, be liable for any losses, injuries, claims, damages, liabilities, or expenses etc., arising out of his/her use of this Site.
Third party sites
- This Site contains links to third party websites, to which uMax Data has no control or influence. uMax Data therefore shall not be held liable for any damages caused to the User by those third party websites.
No legal advice
- This Site is designed as a tool for research purpose. It is not intended to provide legal advice. No solicitor-client relationship is created between uMax Data and the User.
- uMax Data is not liable for any damages caused by force majeure, such as natural disasters, power blackout, failure in internet service, cyber terrorist attack, or actions by regulatory bodies which impact its provision of services.
CHANGE OF TERMS OF SERVICE
- This Agreement may be revised from time to time, notice of which will be posted on this Site. The User’s continued use of this Site is indicative of his/her acceptance of the revised Agreement.
- If any term of this Agreement is held unenforceable by a court of applicable jurisdiction, the rest of this Agreement shall remain fully in force.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the HKSAR.
Last Modified Date: 18/10/2021